Do I need a PRS or PPL licence to play music?

The hall does not have a PRS or PPL licence. 

No licence is required for functions of a purely domestic or family nature, such as wedding receptions, christening parties or domestic birthday parties, when:

When needed, it is up to the hirer to ensure the appropriate licences are obtained.

What is the latest time music can be played?

Loud or amplified music after midnight is not permitted (condition of hire).

Do I need a licence to serve alcohol?

If you have a party not open to the public and make no charge for admission or drinks, no licence is required.  The law of the land does apply and persons must be 18 years old or over to consume alcohol.

Any event other than a private party needs a Temporary Event Notice available from Cheshire East.

How do I apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN)

If you are organising an event that sells alcohol to the public, provides entertainment or refreshments past 11pm, you must obtain a temporary event notice from Cheshire East

Do I need public liability insurance?

If you are a non-commercial hirer, public liability insurance is extended to you by the hall insurance (subject to specific exclusions). Exclusions include activities that involve bouncy castles, martial arts, contact sports, weapons & fireworks.

Commercial users require their own public liability insurance.

What is the size of the large hall?

The large hall is 51 ft x 30 ft  (15.54m x 9.18m).  A floor plan of the hall can be found here.

How many people can be accommodated in the large hall?

For party situations 100, if seated presentation style 150.

What is the size of the small hall?

The small hall is 24ft 6” x 18 ft 6”  (7.48m x 5.36m).  A floor plan of the hall can be found here.

How many people can be accommodated in the small hall?

Up to 30 depending on chair & table arrangements.

Do you permit bouncy castles?

You can have a bouncy castle, but it needs to be smaller than 12ft tall.  Also we need to know which supplier you are using.

Please note that the Yoxall Village Hall insurance does not cover your public liability for bouncy castles, you have to provide your own.

Some people have used this Insurance in the past.

Inflatable hire companies have public liability insurance, but this covers them, not you.

Public liability insurance protects you against legal claims for accidental injury to attendees, and for damage to the venue.

Public liability insurance protects against accidental injury, not negligence.

How do I ensure bouncy castle safety?

The following are reasonable steps you can take to ensure safety and these will usually be required by your insurer.

How many tables do you have and what size?

Our tables are Go-Pak tables:

How many chairs are there?

Large Hall: 130.

Small Hall: 23, but large hall chairs can be used as well.

If you use chairs from the other other hall, please return after use.

If you use chairs from the storeroom please return after use.

Does the hall have disabled access?

Yes, the entrance to the small hall includes a ramp for wheelchairs and prams.

Does the hall have disabled toilets?

Yes. The hall has disabled toilets with an alarm that can be activated.

Does the hall have baby changing facilities?

Yes. Baby changing is located in the disabled toilets.

How/when can I pay?

We take payment in advance.

You can pay by cheque or bank transfer; details are provided in your correspondence from the Booking Clerk.

Do I need to pay a deposit?

You can if you wish, but unnecessary since payment is in advance.

If I cancel, will I get my money back?

Yes, you will be refunded if you give two week’s notice of cancellation.

How can I check I am booked in?

You can visit our web site and look at the calendar.  Your session should be marked “private booking” with your surname visible.

How much does it cost to hire the hall?

You can find our rates at here.

Does the hall have heating and how much does it cost?

The small hall has radiators; all you do is select the room temperature on the thermostat.

The large hall has powerful space heaters.  Switch them on to provide heat and off again when the temperature is adequate.  They are not thermostatically controlled.

The cost of heating is included in your hire charge.

What do I do with the rubbish?

Waste bins are provided.  If waste bins become full or you have excess waste, we have a large waste container in the field.  You can access the waste container via the store room door and then fire exit.  

Please ensure fire exit is closed after use.